Study Permit

anada welcomes foreign national students and provides great opportunities to learn language, culture and diversity. Each school offers its unique programs which help students achieve academic goals as well as get ready to integrate into labour market in Canada. Students will be eligible to obtain Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) upon graduation and may be able to apply for permanent residence application. H & G will help you find the best option from entering into educational institution to obtaining a work permit and permanent residency. Contact Us!

Canada welcomes and accepts over 100,000 students a year to learn English or French and eventually settle in here permanently. All students who want to study in Canada must meet certain requirements. Primary and secondary schools, and post-secondary schools have different set of rules; however, all students must have a study permit, except for some circumstances as per Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) section 188, in order to study in Canada.

As a Student, you MUST meet these following requirements:

  • Be admitted into the program in educational institution
  • Prove sufficient funds to pay for tuition fee and living costs for your stay in Canada
  • Prove you will leave Canada when your permit expires
  • Not be inadmissible to Canada
  • Complete medical examination, if required

Government of Canada introduced several changes on regulations for international students who want to pursue studies in Canada. Following amendments were introduced:

  • Students must enroll and be continually engaged in studies in Canada
  • Students must be enrolled in designated educational institution to obtain a study permit (list of designated institutions are in IRCC website)
  • Full-time students are now authorized to work off-campus a maximum of 20 hours per week during semesters and to work full-time during scheduled breaks such as winter and summer break.
  • After 90 days of completion of studies at designated educational institution, study permit will no longer be valid unless foreign students apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) to remain in Canada.
  • Foreign students are authorized to work full-time, after completion of studies, while waiting on the decision of their PGWP application.